Do you want to know what my absolute favorite part of the week is? Definitely not the meal prep – but the meal PLANNING! These days my grocery shopping is mostly done online. I am splitting time between two properties, my husband has crazy hours, and on top of it – we are a one car family (only for a couple more weeks though!). Not to mention that we way over spend when we go to the regular grocery store – I am boycotting Cub & Target. The only exception is a weekly luxury trip to Trader Joe’s.
I worked out at Bodies by Burgoon yesterday with James yesterday and I am SO SORE! It was the most horrible and absolutely amazing hour filled with high intensity circuit training. Everything hurts from my neck to my toes. It sucks not being able to move but it suuuure does feel great to feel sore!! I was really excited to come home, turn on the TV, watch the Real Housewives of NYC finale that I missed last night and you guessed it…. MEAL PLAN!
Here is how I do it:
- I pick a couple staples – this means proteins and veggies in order to be able to mix n’ match throughout the week.
- I always have to do something for breakfast for my husband – I am not a breakfast person and usually don’t eat until lunch. I know. It’s horrible. I can’t help it. I’m working on it though.
- I branch off from what I made last week to decide what I am going to make for “full meals” this week.
I start a list of what I want to make, then I go to Coborn’s Delivers to start picking my ingredients and putting the meals together.
Here is the menu that we have coming up next week.
- Crispy Buffalo Chicken Bites w/ Shredded Carrots (they were so good last week, we need more!)
- Mixed salads (kale, garden, Mediterranean – premixed organic, because sometimes its easier and less wasteful!)
- Taco enchilada casserole (it’s a working name!) – I am really excited for this one, never been made before! I hope it turns out so I can share! If its gross, we will pretend it never happened!
- Chicken w/ Mixed Vegetables
- Paleo “all the meats,” pizza
- Chocolate chip banana bread
And of course, my mix and match meals:
- Baked salmon
- Baked chicken wings
- Flank steak
- Roasted cauliflower/Brussel sprouts
- Roasted butternut squash
- Sauteed peppers & onions
- Satueed snap peas
Now do you see why I am excited? All these delicious, healthy, gluten free, all organic meals! Though I really should wait until later in the week to do this. Now it is Wednesday, I still have last weekend’s food in the fridge and all I can think about is next week’s deliciousness!
Ok now, so you don’t leave empty handed – who likes chicken wings?
Easy! Oven Baked Chicken Wings
Perfectly paired with Alexia’s Garlic Parmesan potato wedges – Take that Buffalo Wild Wings, we don’t need you! We can do your meal even better at home!
What you need
1lb chicken wings
1 tbsp garlic powder
2 tbsp chili powder
½ tbsp sea salt
½ tbsp pepper
½ tbsp cayenne
1 tbsp onion powder
3 tbsp ghee
What to do
Preheat oven to 350 and line baking sheet with parchment paper
Combine all seasonings in a gallon size ziplock bag – make sure they are mixed well.
Add chicken wings to the bag and shake well to move the seasonings around – make sure all chicken wings are evenly coated.
Add in the ghee and shake again
Then line your baking sheet with chicken wings
Bake for about 45 – 50 minutes until crispy on the outside and cooked on the inside!
Seriously – couldn’t be any easier.