You know what Saturday’s are for? Saturday’s are for coffee & writing. And cold Saturday’s like today are for sharing soup recipes! Get ready ya’ll, it’s shaping up to be seven weeks of soup recipes on A Healthy Balance Blog!
You all know how I love an easy recipe. Anything to shorten the amount of time that I am in the kitchen on Sundays. I love cooking, and I love this blog and sharing recipes with you. BUT, the time I spend in the kitchen is time that I am not spending with my family, on the one day that my husband has off each week.
So, easy recipes are my jam and this one is definitely an easy recipe. This could easily be made even more simple by throwing it all in a crock pot and walking away for a couple hours; but I made it on the stove-top.
Can’t wait to see what soup recipe I can try next!
1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
2 stalks celery, diced
1 cup green beans, cut into 1 inch pieces
2 carrots, diced
½ white onion, diced
5 baby bell mushrooms, chopped
2 cups spinach
32oz chicken broth
1 cup heavy cream
1 tbs arrowroot flour + 1 tbs water (also called a slurry)
1 tbs minced garlic (less, if you don’t love garlic like I love garlic).
2 tsp poultry seasoning
2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp smoked tabasco sauce
1 tsp celery salt
1 tsp black pepper
Additional salt + pepper, to taste
- Complete all of the prep work. Dice the vegetables and shred the chicken.
- Add a couple tbs of olive oil to a pot and add all vegetables. Cook them on medium heat for about 5 minutes to let them start to soften.
- Add chicken, chicken broth, and all seasonings. Bring to a boil then slightly reduce the heat and let it boil for about 10 minutes to finish cooking the vegetables and let the flavors meld.
- Turn heat down to low then add the heavy cream and slurry, stir well. Then let simmer for about 20 minutes while the soup thickens.
- Snuggle up in a warm blanket, turn on your favorite show and enjoy a bowl of warmth and goodness!
Thank you for reading & eating, loves!